Upon completion of the program, graduates will:
- Have an understanding of the theoretical and historical foundations of education.
- Demonstrate knowledge and synthesis of major research in teaching and schooling.
- Demonstrate knowledge and research application in the area of emphasis: cultural and international studies in education, instructional technology, literacy, mathematics education, science education, teacher education, or teaching English as a second language (TESL).
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in staff development theory, research, and practice.
- Understand and apply the major tenets of research design and analysis spanning quantitative, qualitative, and evaluation research methods.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully design, defend, and complete an extended educational study resulting in a defensible dissertation.